Your Presidential Appointment Round-up!
This week numerous names have started circulating around who will be stepping into newly appointed positions this January. Here are some of the highlights of the tentative Obama administration's appointees: Janet Napolitano, the Democratic Governor of Arizona has been chosen to head the Department of Homeland Security. - full story
David A. Martin, a law professor at the University of Virginia will serve on the Agency Review Team for the Department of Homeland Security. - full story
Mariano Florentino-Cuéllar, a professor at Stanford Law School has been tapped to be the new Director of U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services. He will also be heading up the Immigration Policy group. - full story
Obama also announced who will head the newly formed Policy Working Groups for the incoming administration. The focus of the Policy Working Groups will be to develop the priority policy proposals and plans from the Obama Campaign for action during the Obama-Biden Administration. Below is the list of new leaders for each group. Full story here.
- Economic: Daniel K. Tarullo
- Education: Linda Darling-Hammond
- Energy and Environment: Carol M. Browner
- Health Care: Senator Tom Daschle
- Immigration: T. Alexander Aleinikoff, Mariano-Florentino (Tino) Cuéllar
- National Security: James B. Steinberg, Dr. Susan E. Rice
- Technology, Innovation and Government Reform: Sonal Shah, Julius Genachowski, Blair Levin
Co-Chairs are Congressman Raúl M. Grijalva (AZ) and Lynn Woolsey (CA).
• Whip Diane Watson • Vice-Chair Liaison to Black Caucus Sheila Jackson-Lee • Vice-Chair Liaison to Women's Caucus Hilda L. Solis • Vice-Chair Liaison to Asian Pacific American Caucus Mazie K. Hirono • Vice-Chair Liaison to LGBT Equality Caucus, Dennis Kucinich • Vice-Chair Liaison to Hispanic and Native American Caucuses, TBA • Vice-Chair Liaison to New Members Caucuses, TBA