October 13th National Day of Action: 6 ways to help!
Cross-posted from the Reform Immigration FOR America blog:
Tuesday, October 13th is a big day in the fight for immigration reform. Thousands of community leaders will be gathering in Washington, DC to speak face-to-face with members of Congress, asking for their support of comprehensive immigration reform.After hitting the halls of Congress, their will be a vigil on the West Lawn of the Capitol, calling for family unity.
Can't be in Washington, DC on October 13th? No problem, here are 6 easy ways to join in the action that day:
- Find an event in your area. Click on the map above to find a local event on October 13th.
- Call your Representative. With just one click, you can call your Rep. and ask them to support immigration reform. To call - click here.
- Send a fax. Tell members of Congress that you want immigration reform now. It only takes a minute. Click here to fax.
- Upload our badge. If you have a website or blog, upload our badge onto your site. Simply copy and paste the code we provide for you here.
- Share on Facebook. On October 13th, help us spread the word by telling your friends. Click here to share on Facebook.
- Tweet it! On Twitter? Help spread the word to the Twitterverse. Please re-tweet the following and use the #famunity hashtag when you talk about the action "RT @RI4A Join thousands of people across the country demanding #immigration reform today! http://bit.ly/uUKx3 #ri4a #famunity"
Help us send a resounding message to Congress that immigration reform can't wait! For more information, visit our action page here.