Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition organizes boycott
Economic Boycott/Lenten Week of Solidarity for Humane Immigration Reform Begins! You can HELP!
Starting on Sunday, March 25th through April 1, immigrants and their supporters in Denver, Boulder, Longmont, Ft. Collins, Greeley, Grand Junction, Montrose, Yuma, Alamosa, Dillon, El Jebel, Colorado Springs and Durango are :
- Not spend money or make any purchases during the week.
- Withdraw money from the bank, leaving only the minimum.
- Not send money to countries of origin.
- Not make any consular transactions.
- Turn off the television and use minimal electric energy.
Press coverage of boycott and CIRC campaign for fair reform has included: Denver Post, Rocky Mountain News, Univision, News Channel 7 and 9, Greeley Tribune, Longmont Times-Call, KOA Radio, Fox Cable News (reached 80 million homes), Grand Junction Free Press, Washington Times, Infoshop News, United Press International, Post Chronicle.