Senator Sessions has introduced an amendment to the Senate Homeland Security Appropriations Act of 2010 that would make E-Verify mandatory for all federal contractors. If implemented, it would affect almost 4 million workers.
The amendment would:
- Make the notoriously flawed E-verify program permanent.
- Require all federal contractors and subcontractors to use the program to verify all employees including existing employees.
- Harm U.S. workers, citizens and non-citizens alike, who are falsely denied work.
- Call both of your Senators THIS MORNING (Click here to find your Senator)
- Tell them:
- You OPPOSE the Sessions amendment (#1371) to make E-Verify permanent and mandatory for federal contractors.
- You SUPPORT having a real debate about immigration issues and the only way for that to happen is by starting comprehensive immigration reform this year.
For more information about the problems with E-Verify, click here.